In this week's FB Live inside High Vibin' Soulpreneurs, we dive deep on the most essential steps to be the BEST COACH possible to your online clients so that they can get the best results working with you!
1. Dial up your A game 30 mins prior - that means do not schedule back to back calls so that you can recharge and reset between calls (use washroom, read last week's notes, eat a snack and hydrate). Unfortunately 55 min/call coaches, who schedule back to back clients at the top of the hour, often show up late to their clients & are clearly drained.
2. Listen a LOT and practice Motivational Interviewing (have them discover the answer from within instead of shoving it down their throat).
3. Have a plan in place that will move them forward toward their goal - don’t just talk about it but figure out the next best action steps each week - break it down into manageable pieces for them.
4. Do your Self Care, consistently, and make decisions that support your happiness & joy (because this frequency is higher (process of entrainment via LOA effects your client's own vibration). Be sure to exercise frequently, eat healthy and make sleep a priority.
5. Come with tons of water (triple what you think you'll need for call).
6. Be impeccable with your word and super organized - you can’t be hot mess - that is a disservice to your client investing in you and trusting you with their transformation.
7. Take notes CONSTANTLY- make sure you know what is going on and never ever show up unprepared.
8. Email your client the agreed upon "stretches" each week after your call to keep them accountable to their goals and moving forward.
9. Follow up with them on their stretches goals & don't be scared to remind them of why they hired you (many coaches don't even think about this and then their clients end up with no results).
10. Empower them to rise but don’t twist their arms - accountability and follow through is learned THROUGH working with a coach - if you don’t allow them to step up to the plate you disempower them.
11. Lead by example - practice what you preach!!!
12. Set boundaries - they will respect you 10x more and value your time 10x more if you do (that means set hours for your work and terms written into your client contracts regarding no-show or cancellations).
13. Be a relatable human - never try to present you have it all figured out. Be kind, compassionate & honest. If you can, throw in some humour, too!